The UMTS Geo-Location Toolbox allows engineers to perform optimization and other performance analyses using location-specific data from the wireless network. This reduces the dependency on expensive and time-consuming Drive Testing.
UMTS Geo-Location Toolbox
The UMTS Geo-Location Toolbox option was designed to allow the user to perform optimization and other performance analyses using location-specific data from the wireless network. The Toolbox provides geographical references to UE measurements from the Iu interface, geographically referencing performance data collected by actual subscriber UEs.
There are two location algorithms used by the Toolbox:
- A2: Based on RSCP measurements and system geometry
- A1: Based on RSCP, Tm measurements and system geometry
- Improve productivity of managing UMTS network performance
- Reduce expense from more efficient deployment of Drive Test teams
- Reduce training and other operational costs by up to 67%
- RSSI-based Geo-Location algorithm is available that places Network Trace data geographically inside the network without the need for Drive Testing.
- Geo-Locate data sets
- Generate coverage maps
- Configure key Geo-Location algorithm input parameters
- Enhanced accuracy is available with an OTDOA-based algorithm; you can:
- Create a Traffic Map